after doing some ruminating over the past few days, i've come up with some goals for the year. lately i've been thinking that maybe i cut myself a little too much slack. i lack focus. and that would be fine if i didn't care whether i was accomplishing anything or not in my non-work life. but i do want to get stuff done. so i wrote some things down.
1. walk 500 miles. this is a big goal for me since i'm pretty sedentary now. but it's a measureable, concrete goal, that doesn't expose me to humiliation like signing up for a 5K might. but it's one i can make happen.
2. keep at it with WW and go to meetings. i joined December 1 and i've lost 4.5 lbs. considering that this was during the holidays with my family visiting and i'm pretty stressed out right now i'm happy with my progress. i also like my meeting leader. she's funny and smart and sensible and moves the meeting along with humor. again, going to meetings is something i can control.
3. i want to publish 8 patterns. the number 8 sounds rather arbitrary but i read about it here. 8 is supposed to be good luck. i have 2 patterns coming out in the spring already. i will decide later if those are included in the final tally. heh.
4. i got a new camera. the nikon D7000 and it is lovely. but unlike my D80 and D90, there are all sorts of new features and controls that i need to learn about. hence the manual in the photo. i'm reading that mof0 if it kills me. heh. no official photo project this year, but it's time to get a portfolio together so that i can make a little $$ at this hobby.
5. related to this, i'd like to make this website look a little better and more useful.
6. there's the potholder swap coming up. more info on that in the coming weeks.
7. find a new job. yeah this is a goal that i have no choice but to work on. i have to pay for all of the things some how ;)
so that's it for now.
happy new year to all of you.